commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TextIterable ?
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:19:53 GMT
On 10/25/07, Hanson Char <hanson.char@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would anyone be interested in including the proposed TextIterable in
> the commons lang or commons io library ?
>
>   http://hansonchar.blogspot.com/2007/10/textiterable.html

Things that jump out:

* Definitely more IO than Lang.
* 1.5 specific - Lang has a scratchspace for 1.5, IO currently doesn't
have any 1.5 plans.
* Needs to support encodings.
* I'd prefer to be able to use LineIterator directly, and to have a
Reader API in addition to the InputStream one.
* I don't like that LineIterator closes the passed in InputStream.

My suggestion - a JIRA issue for Commons IO for when it starts
thinking about a 1.5 dependent version. The 1.5 requiring issues need
to exist to build up a critical momentum.

Hen