commons-dev mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [site] issue-tracking link has gone missing somewhere
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2007 18:57:44 GMT

On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 19:21 +0100, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> I had a look at why the Issue tracking report is missing from the menu.
> It took a while, but I finally found that logging has it's own version
> of this file in /xdocs/issue-tracking.xml

Digester has this file too. Removing it does cause the issue-tracking
link to reappear in the generated website. It would be a shame, though,
to lose all that nice helpful info that is currently on that page.

> It seems that M2 doesn't work in the same way that M1 does in this
> respect. If I remove the file /xdocs/issue-tracking.xml locally I get an
> entry for "Issue Tracking" in the menu.

So you think that the digester site was published using maven 1.x?
Possible, but I would be surprised. Seems more likely that a maven
plugin update has broken the old behaviour.

> I don't see the value of maintaining our own version of this page, so
> I'll go head and remove it from svn.

Yes, it would be nice to have a common version for all projects but
right now all I see is a very bare page with nothing close to the useful
info on the old page. It's not release-critical, but something better
would be nice.

Cheers,

Simon