commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.5 based on RC2
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:42:43 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> Sorry -1 from me to release this. The source distro is (slightly)
> different from what was tagged as "CONFIGURATION_1_5RC2". IMO the
> release candidate should be built on a clean checkout of whats been
> tagged in svn.
>
> project.xml has had the jdiff report removed
> project.properties has had the "maven.compile.source" commented out
>
> I found this because when I tried to build and run the tests from the
> source distro using JDK 1.5 I got an error "javac: target release 1.3
> conflicts with default source release 1.5" - which was caused by
> maven.compile.source" being commented out. - which is also IMO a
> problem with the release.
>
> Fixing this should IMO just require checking out the
> "CONFIGURATION_1_5RC2" from svn and re-building the RC2 artifacts from
> that.
>
> Niall

Okay, I will try to regenerate the artifacts from a clean checkout.

However I have still problems with the maven.compile.source property.
When building with JDK 1.3.1_18 on Win XP, I get a strange test failure
in a unit test (NoSuchMethodError). If the property is undefined, the
tests run without problems. Will do some further investigations.

Oliver