commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.5 based on RC2
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2007 16:51:03 GMT
Sorry -1 from me to release this. The source distro is (slightly)
different from what was tagged as "CONFIGURATION_1_5RC2". IMO the
release candidate should be built on a clean checkout of whats been
tagged in svn.

project.xml has had the jdiff report removed
project.properties has had the "maven.compile.source" commented out

I found this because when I tried to build and run the tests from the
source distro using JDK 1.5 I got an error "javac: target release 1.3
conflicts with default source release 1.5" - which was caused by
maven.compile.source" being commented out. - which is also IMO a
problem with the release.

Fixing this should IMO just require checking out the
"CONFIGURATION_1_5RC2" from svn and re-building the RC2 artifacts from
that.

Niall