commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian A. Egge" <brian.e...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Commons Collections & Java 5
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:07:12 GMT
Hi Rijk,

There is a generics branch in Apache, but it's only had a trickle of development activity.
 You can read most of the debate about collections here:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COLLECTIONS-110

There is currently not a nightly build running off this branch.  You can find two forks of
the collections project on SourceForge, and Google recently released their generic collection
classes.  The Google project unfortunately lacks many of the cool closure-like features available
in Commons Collections.

Stephen Kestle has recently been apply some patches to the generics branch, but it's a lot
of work for just one committer.

-Brian