commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r628021 - in /commons/proper/configuration/branches/configuration2_experimental: src/main/java/org/apache/commons/configuration2/plist/ src/test/java/org/apache/commons/configuration2/plist/ xdocs/
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:37:36 GMT
sebb a écrit :

> BTW, SimpleDateFormat is not synchronized, so having package-protected
> instances (whether static or not) may cause problems if the class is
> intended for multithreaded use.

I made so the usage of the static DateFormat is synchronized. The
instance DateFormat isn't synchronized but its use by concurrent threads
is unlikely. I can change it though if it's really an issue.

> Also, the serialVersionUID should probably be changed as a new
> instance field has been added.

The package name has changed, is it still necessary to change the UID ?

> Perhaps consider using org.apache.commons.lang.time.FastDateFormat
> from Commons Lang for at least the formatting part?

FastDateFormat could be useful to simplify the code on the 1.x branch,
but for the 2.x code base I think SimpleDateFormat is good enough.

Emmanuel Bourg