commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration] artifactId on the 2.x branch
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 01:55:27 GMT
James Carman a écrit :

> I understand what you mean (that changing it isn't really necessary
> right now), but maybe we should try to be consistent.  If we're going
> to have to start changing the artifactId going forward (since we won't
> be changing the groupId) anyway, then maybe we should just go ahead
> and start changing it now.

I see you point, however Commons Configuration has the rare opportunity
to keep its original artifactId where other components would be forced
to change it (that's commons-io, email and jci who have already released
a revision under the new groupId). It would be clever to take this
opportunity and keep the name IMHO.

Emmanuel Bourg