commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Henri Yandell" <>
Subject Re: [collections] 3.3 issues
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:45:23 GMT
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Niall Pemberton
<> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <> wrote:
>  > Just curious, what's the current state? In Apache Sling we would need an
>  > OSGi enabled release in two weeks :) Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want
>  > to push or force you to do a release (especially as I'm not able to help
>  > with the open issues). I would just like to know, if it might be possible
>  > that we have the release by then? If not, it's no problem, and we'll create
>  > an interims wrapper bundle and switch to the release as soon as it is
>  > available.
>  From looking at JIRA theres currently 10 open issues left targetted at
>  3.3.

Of those, I think these are the important ones and others can be punted:

Basically the serializing issues.

> Not sure how much effort would be involved in getting those fixed
>  - hopefully Henri will respond on that and how likely/soon he thinks
>  they will get fixed for a 3.3 release.

I doubt a release would be out in 2 weeks. If all issues were fixed, 2
weeks would probably be the length of time needed to get the release
out, so you've got the code above to add onto that and no one has been
volunteering to dig into the pain of figuring out the serialization
tests :)

> Perhaps if its going to be a
>  while before 3.3 release gets out, then we could just release
>  Collections 3.2.1 which is just 3.2 re-packaged ready for OSGi. I
>  could do that if 3.3 is going to be delayed.

Might be worth it.


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message