commons-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Looking at commons-parent-9.pom
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:34:36 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm currently looking at moving Fulcrum to M2 and would like to use the
grunge work you did on commons-parent - looking at it I have a few
questions/improvements ...

1) Legal Stuff
the ASL is missing in the parent pom

2) Improvement of IDE project generation

in my pom I configure IDEA and Eclipse to download the sources when
creating the project files - this makes stepping through used libraries
much easier

      <plugin>
        <!-- generate the IntelliJ project files -->
        <artifactId>maven-idea-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <!-- generate the Eclipse project files -->
        <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
          <downloadJavadocs>false</downloadJavadocs>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

3) Creating sources jar

in my projects I always create the sources jar not only for release
candidates and releases - this allows to quickly make a SNAPSHOT install
in your local repo including the sources - having said that you can
always do a manual invocation but it would reduce the complexity of the
parent pom

4) Reporting

I have a few standard reporting plugins which could be an useful
addition - maven-changes-plugin, maven-pmd-plugin, taglist-maven-plugin
(codehaus)

5) commons-build-plugin

What is it exactly doing?

Thanks in advance