commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Commons SCXML 0.9 RC1 available
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 02:51:07 GMT
On 22/11/2008, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 9:14 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On 22/11/2008, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >> Distributions, key, release notes:
>  >>
>  >>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/scxml/0.9/RC1/
>  >>
>  >>  Site including clirr and rat reports (many links -- such as release
>  >>  docs, some Javadoc links and images will remain broken on staging
>  >>  site):
>  >>
>  >>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/scxml/0.9/RC1/site/
>  >>
>  >>  m2 staging repo:
>  >>
>  >>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/scxml/0.9/RC1/staged/
>  >>
>  >>  Thanks in advance for all feedback. If no blockers surface, I intend
>  >>  to put these bits up for vote in a week.
>  >
>  > Is there an SVN tag?
>  >

> <snip/>
>
>  Indeed:
>
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/scxml/tags/SCXML_0_9_RC1/

All looks OK:
+ hashes, sigs OK
+ tar and zip archives have same contents
+ source agrees with SVN tag
+ mvn test works OK on 1.4.2 and 1.6.0
+ Ant jar works on 1.6.0 and 1.4.2; test works on 1.4.2.

Just a few minor tweaks to consider:
+ Since the build now uses M2, it would be good to remove the M1 files
+ The Ant build downloads junit.jar but fails to add it to the
classpath, which is a bit silly. Either skip the download and use the
Ant version, or download and use the jar.
+ Source and Javadoc jars have minimal manifests; it would be useful
to include some or all of the following:
Implementation-Title: Commons SCXML
Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
Implementation-Version: 0.9
Specification-Title: Commons SCXML
Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Specification-Version: 0.9

Just noticed that the ApacheCon advert is out of date.

No blockers, so

+1