commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons download pages are out of date
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:55:15 GMT
On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 12:11 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Several of the Commons download pages are out of date, e.g. BeanUtils
> still has 1.8.0-BETA and 1.7.0 on the page
> http://commons.apache.org/downloads/download_beanutils.cgi but the
> current release is 1.8.0
>
> I've updated the source file:
>
> /commons/proper/commons-build/trunk/downloads/downloads.xml

> Log:
> Remove Latka; add Net 1.4.1
>
> But I'm not sure how to generate the updated html pages and deploy them.

<snip/>

Use build-downloads.xml ant build to generate xdocs for download
pages, then m1 site plugin to build and deploy site.

For extra credit, there are actually two places download pages exist
(bad) -- example [1, 2] -- the second was devised as part of the
Commons build plugin (thanks to Niall) and doesn't require the Commons
site to be updated on every release, just the individual component's
site (good).

-Rahul

[1] http://commons.apache.org/downloads/download_scxml.cgi
[2] http://commons.apache.org/scxml/download_scxml.cgi