commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject site-deploy not configured?
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2009 05:01:38 GMT

I have hit another stumbling block in my neverending quest to release
DbUtils 1.2.

The wiki here http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases says in step
"E.3 Deploy the Site" to run "mvn site-deploy", but that doesn't work.

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Missing site information in the distribution management element in the project..

And this is true.  dbutils/trunk/pom.xml includes a
<distributionManagement> section, but only for the RC profile:

   <profiles>
     <profile>
       <id>rc</id>
       <distributionManagement>
         <!-- Cannot define in parent ATM, see COMMONSSITE-26 -->
         <site>
           <id>apache.website</id>
           <name>Apache Commons Release Candidate Staging Site</name>
           <url>${commons.deployment.protocol}://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/builds/commons/${commons.componentid}/${commons.release.version}/${commons.rc.version}/site</url>
         </site>
       </distributionManagement>
     </profile>
   </profiles>

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMMONSSITE-26 has some interesting
comments and links to other bugs.

Of course, "mvn -Prc site-deploy" works fine, but it just puts the
deployed site in the builds directory; it doesn't actually deploy the
site.  There is no configured site for "-Prelease".

What exactly am I supposed to do at this point to get the site deployed?
I suppose I should manually copy the site from
/www/people.apache.org/builds/commons/dbutils/1.2/RC3/site ?  To where?

-Dan