commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Codec 1.4 based on RC2
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:45:29 GMT
On 27/07/2009, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM, sebb<sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On 27/07/2009, Mat Booth <fedora@matbooth.co.uk> wrote:
>  >> On 27/07/2009, sebb wrote:
>  >>  > I had a quick look at this. It would be trivial to copy the OSGI
>  >>  > headers as generated by the Maven build, but autogenerating the
>  >>  > headers (so they would still be OK if the source changed) looks
>  >>  > somewhat harder.
>  >>  >
>  >>  > For one thing, the "bnd" jar tool seems to need Java 1.5 or later. I
>  >>  > don't think we should force the use of 1.5 for a library that targets
>  >>  > 1.4.
>  >>  >
>  >>  > Also, I could not get it to work from Ant; it seemed to run, but did
nothing.
>  >>  >
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> Is a build environment of 1.5 a problem? I thought that only the
>  >>  runtime environment had to be 1.4.
>  >
>  > IMO if code is supposed to run on 1.4 it should be buildable on 1.4.
>

> You could download an earlier version that runs on 1.4 - looks like
>  0.0.257 should be OK
>
>  http://www.aqute.biz/repo/biz/aQute/bnd/0.0.257/bnd-0.0.257.jar

Tried that, I still get

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: aQute/bnd/ant/OrderTask
(Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

It looks like Maven uses Bnd-0.0.238; I may try that.

I haven't yet been able to work out how to get Bnd to create the OSGI
manifest alone, as is done by the Maven bundle plugin.