commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [math] RealMatrix.multply in 2.0
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:14:34 GMT
markus09 a écrit :
> Hello,
> I am currently a graduate student in Computer Science and I would like to
> contribute some code, but first I some questions about the architecture.
>
> I cannot see, why there is only a RealMatrix.preMultiply() method for
> vectors.
> Is there a reason, why it is not possible to do a (normal) multiplication
> like M*v?

It is possible. The method is called "operate".

> Where can I get more information about the library design choices?

There is no formal summary document. The design choices are discussed on
the developers mailing list (this list) whose archives you can browse at
several places, for example here:
http://commons.markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.commons.dev

You can ask on the list for explanations too.

Luc