commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r797267 - in /commons/proper/configuration/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration: FileSystem.java VFSFileSystem.java
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 06:47:09 GMT

On Jul 23, 2009, at 10:48 PM, Mario Ivankovits wrote:

> Hi!
>

>> Modified:
>> commons/proper/configuration/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/
>> configur
>> ation/VFSFileSystem.java
>
>> -    private FileSystemOptions setHttpOptions(FileSystemOptions opts,
>> Map map)
>> +    private void setProperty(FileSystemConfigBuilder builder,
>> FileSystemOptions options,
>> +                             String key, Object value)
>>     {
>> -        setDefaultOptions(opts, map);
>> +        String methodName = "set" +
>> key.substring(0,1).toUpperCase() +
>> key.substring(1);
>> +        Class[] paramTypes = new Class[2];
>> +        paramTypes[0] = FileSystemOptions.class;
>> +        paramTypes[1] = value.getClass();
>
> Hmmm ... I am not quite sure of the rest of the code, but did you
> see the DelegatingFileSystemOptionsBuilder [1]?
>
> It also sets the configuration using reflection based on just strings.

Frankly, I had forgotten all about it. To be honest (and I think I've
said this before), the way the config builders work has always been my
least favorite part of the code.  I just took a look at the class and
have two problems with it. 1) It is a lot more complicated than this
simple piece of code and 2) it doesn't support passing arbitrary
objects as parameter values.

Ralph