commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Math 2.0
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 20:03:43 GMT
luc.maisonobe@free.fr wrote:

> ----- "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> a écrit :

[snip]

>> > Could you try again to add the print and play with the costAccuracy
>> > setting ? This setting is a multiplicative factor for the printed
>> > threshold and this threshold is checked against the printed delta
>> which
>> > should not change when you change the setting.
>>
>> With 2.08e-8 for the costAccuracy I get the sysout, with 2.09e-8 no
>> longer.
>
> This means the test should succeed if the costAccuracy is set to a value
> greater than 2.09e-8 then. So if it fails at 1.0e-6, the failure is
> probably elsewhere.
>
> I don't know jrockit, is it possible to install it freely as a standalone
> JVM without oracle on a Linux host ?

All links are meanwhile dead to download it separately. Maybe we're beating
here a dead horse with this version. Oracle has newer JRockit versions for
JDK 1.4.2, 1.5 and 1.6, but only included in some big bundles :-/

Somehow I get the impression that they are no longer very interested in
compatibility checks with their software ... I wait for the day when the
Sun JDK is also only available as bundle with Glassfish and NetBeans.

- Jörg