commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [Math] Simple benchmarking utility
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:05:17 GMT
Hello.

> I'm willing to help on this if you want.

What do you propose?

> Meanwhile, have you had a
> look to existing frameworks, such as japex (http://japex.java.net/)?
> [...]

I hadn't; I have now. It looks nice. I didn't think of something as
elaborate (charts, etc.) but rather a small utility for quick and dirty
micro-benchmarking ;-). Sometimes, one doesn't want to depend on heavy
tools like maven and/or xml input files and a browser to look at the
results...

I'm wondering whether we can be reasonably happy with the little code which
I've posted here.

I saw that there is a maven plugin; installing it (if others agree) might be
interesting in itself for when we would want to produce nice-looking reports.

> [...]

Best,
Gilles