commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [chain] Upgrading to Maven parent version 21
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 07:16:47 GMT
On 7/30/11 11:13 AM, Elijah Zupancic wrote:
> As part of my refactoring project with Apache Chain, I've been trying
> to update dependency versions. I tried to upgrade the maven parent
> configuration and the compile worked fine, but I have been getting a
> really odd unit test failure. Moreover, I did a diff between maven
> parent pom.xml versions and nothing stood out to me as to why the
> parent pom would cause this.

What OS and JDK are you using?  When I change the pom in trunk to
use commons-parent version 21 (with no other changes) all of the
tests run clean for me on OS X 10.7,
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03-383-11A511)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02-383, mixed mode)

Digester version in the pom in trunk is 1.8.  I also tested with 2.0
and 2.1 and did not see failures with JDK above.

Are you sure there are no other changes in the sources you are
testing against?  Does svn diff turn up any other differences?

Phil