commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [general] mvn Release and EU Mirror Lags
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 04:20:14 GMT
Hi,

I just did a mvn release:prepare for Compress and it failed in the
tagging stage.

Since I live in Germany I access our EU svn mirror and the revision that
I had created for the non-SNAPSHOT POM had not been replicated back to
the mirror so it failed with "no such revision".  This is something I'm
used to and it usually means "wait a few seconds and try again" - but I
don't know how to "try again" in the middle of a failed release:prepare.

So far I created the tag manually, changed the POM to 1.3-SNAPSHOT and
started the further release process from a checked out copy of the tag.
I.e. I basically switched to the "manual mode" of doing releases.

Is there anything else the release plugin would have done?

Stefan