commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [?] plist codec?
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:25:24 GMT
There is already a plist lib out there.

  http://code.google.com/p/plist/

That said - it's GPL so it's the same as not usable for the most of us.

Plists are a much more dynamic than Beans which is why I am not sure
BeanUtils is the right fit. That said ... it doesn't feel right in
Codec either :-/ ...better but not right.

Someone else got an opinion?

cheers,
Torsten

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I've met configuration's implementation of the plist parser and writer but I would like
something more of the nature of a marshall/demarshaller, using BeanUtils.

> I am wondering there's another API in the commons world that does this. I haven't found
any.
> I have started mine which is not complete yet but I would be happy to contribute it;
it is to be used in (de)serializing log events.

> I am not sure where I could contribute to, though.
>
> - codec seems somewhat appropriate only
> - beanutils is focussed on beans... which I am using of course to create the events.
Would that be a better target?