commons-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: site:attach-descriptor
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 06:51:11 GMT
Hello,
See maven3 migration documentation page
I recommend you don't remove it. Your submodules won't inherits the
correct site.xml (with links to vfs submodules)

Thanks,
--
Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/maven-3.html#Site_descriptor_attachment

2011/8/16 Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>:
> I am using Maven 3 to do my release of Commons VFS and have noticed that I am getting
way more junk than I expected in Nexus. The first thing I'm investigating are the site.xml
files being deployed.  Do we have a requirement that these should be deployed?  Why does
commons parent have the site plugin configured with attach descriptor. I see a discussion
from back in January where Gary made the change but it doesn't say why this was needed.