commons-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio Squarcella <squar...@dia.uniroma3.it>
Subject Re: [Graph] On graph weight type(s)
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 19:53:59 GMT
Hi,

> Maybe one last effort can be made to come up with more understandable
> names (e.g. for a user that does not know what a Semigroup or Monoid
> is). Suggestions are welcome.

I exhume this thread because I am still convinced that the "weight
architecture" would benefit from a bit of renaming. It is probably not
the case to touch mathematical concepts (Semigroup, Monoid), but rather
the actual implementations and/or variable names. Consider that with the
current fluent API the user has to deal with this stuff explicitly,
specifying the appropriate "handler" for weights.

So for example all primitive implementations[1] would change their name
from FooWeight to something like FooWeightHandler, or
FooWeightOperations, or something like that. Variable names (like in
[2]) would change from e.g. orderedMonoid to weightHandler,
weightOperations, etc.

Any preference?

Ciao
Claudio