commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.9 based on RC 1
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 11:38:23 GMT
Am 19.08.2012 20:00, schrieb Ralph Goers:
> I don't think that is serious enough to warrant another candidate. I plan to review RC1
later today.

> Ralph
>
> On Aug 19, 2012, at 6:38 AM, Gary Gregory wrote:
>
>> If you change the POM and you want that to be part of the release then
>> you need another RC. In this case, you want a cleaner Clirr report for
>> that release which means that report must be able to be generated from
>> the release tag and sources. At least that's how it seems to me.
>>
>> Gary

A configuration of the clirr plug-in was added to the pom which excludes
parser classes generated by JavaCC from the clirr report, so the report
is now clear.

After the release the site for the new snapshot will be deployed, so
there won't be any clirr warnings.

BTW, 72 hours are passed now, and there are only 2 +1 votes. It would be
nice if somebody did another review!

Oliver

>>> The affected class is not even part of the code base, it is generated during
the build process. If you have a look at the source code [1], you will probably agree that
it is hardly of any use for client applications. Therefore, I think writing a warning in the
release notes will add more confusion than it helps.

>>> Wouldn't it be better then to exclude the class from the Clirr report? Will have
to check whether this is possible. This could be done before publishing the site for the next
SNAPSHOT version and would not require a new RC, right?