commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@scalaris.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] State of FtpsProviderTestCase
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:11:51 GMT
Hi Gary,

Gary Gregory wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Gary Gregory
> <garydgregory@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Jörg Schaible <
>> Joerg.Schaible@scalaris.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> can someone enlighten me about the state of the FtpsProviderTestCase?
>>> It's currently disabled and when I (rename it and) run it with Maven it
>>> simply hangs. Why is it possible to open two input stream on the same
>>> object with FTP but not FTPS?
>>>

>> I created and disabled this test a while back. I never got very far
>> debugging it aside from seeing it hang in the debugger and asking for
>> help on the ML and on the Commons ML for [net]. I though I created a JIRA
>> for this but now I cannot find it.
>>

> @#$% mail filters!
>
> Apache will not let through emails I write with a URL that points to the
> email thread from April 2012. So search for an email thread titled
> "[NET][VFS] Help with FTPS hanging tests"... Grrr...

thanks for the private pointer, I try it now with a link to Gmane:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/129715

Actually FTPS support seems to be in a very bad shape, because a lot of
tests hang:

 - testReadSingleConcurrent
 - testReadMultipleConcurrent
 - testInputStreamMultipleCleanup
 - testConcurrentReadFolder
 - testCopySameFileSystem
 - testCopyFromOverwriteSameFileSystem
 - testCreateDeleteCreateSameFileSystem
 - testWriteSameFileSystem
 - testOverwriteSameFileSystem
 - testAppendContent

:-/

I try to modify the tests in a way, that they fail in such a case instead.

Cheers,
Jörg