commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [compress] 7zip
Date Sun, 12 May 2013 10:34:41 GMT
Hi

I've rushed through Damjan's addition of (readonly) 7z and really like
it.  It might need some more docs but it is a great start.  There are
quite a few FIXMEs that we may want to address in one way or another.

As for LZMA compression, the required code in XZ for Java's lzma
subpackage doesn't lend itself to streaming support but it may be
possible to leverage it anyway.

We could use a few more testcases, in particular ones using the other
compression formats - I usually don't run Windows so using the native
tool is a bit difficult for me.

I'm off to read the format spec so I can have a more detailed look.

If/when we think about restructuring the existing code base for 2.x the
there may be some similarities between ZIP and 7z that could be
extracted, I'm not too sure, though.

Damjan, you forgot to add yourself to the POM. :-)

Stefan