commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBUTILS] Pre RC for DBUTILS-2.0
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 12:08:57 GMT
On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 7:34 AM, William Speirs <wspeirs@apache.org> wrote:

> OK, so then for the 2.0 release I'd just remove the 1.6 lines?

No. Based on changes.xml, It sounds like we were going to have a 1.6, but
now we are calling it 2.0. So you'd change the 1.6 to 2.0.

But... right now I see the line's description as 'Bugfixes and addition of
insert methods' which would not warrant a major version change.

A major version would suggest a large change or binary incompatibility,
which is not noted in the changes.xml file. Is this file up to date?

Gary