commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <benerit...@gmail.com>
Subject [COLLECTIONS] CollectionUtils.adapterCollection(Collection<E>, Transformer<A>)?
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:59:20 GMT
Hi,

At work, I needed to create an adapter for an existing class that has a
getter for a collection of objects. Now in my adapter I want to create a
getter for a collection of adapted objects.
I don't want to create a new list an add adapters for the contained objects
to it. I just want to create the adapters on the fly when they are
requested.

I thought this should be implemented somewhere in commons-collections, but
I could not find anything like that. I wonder if it would make sense to
create such functionality. I have created an example at github [1]. What do
you think? Am I missing something here?

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] https://gist.github.com/britter/6614535