commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Next major version number required package rename needed?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 23:49:34 GMT
On 10/11/2013 01:41 AM, James Carman wrote:
> If you are breaking backward compatibility then you need to do the renames
> (package, and artifactId).

That was my impression already.
And I have no real issue with doing so.

But again, when has this been decided and has it ever been formalized (written
down) somewhere?

> I don't know if we ever landed on a "rule" about the new JDK level
> scenario, though.
Okay, maybe that was just an incorrect assumption.

And it doesn't really matter as there will be breaking API changes needed for
the next version of SCXML, so we'll have to bump the major version anyway.