commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move Apache Commons to Git for SCM...
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:47:55 GMT
On 10/13/13 8:09 AM, James Carman wrote:
> Well, it has been 72 hours, so let's tally up the votes.  As I see it
> (counting votes on both lists):
>
> +1s
> James Carman
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Matt Benson
> Benedikt Ritter
> Bruno Kinoshita
> Gary Gregory
> Luc Maisonobe
> Oliver Heger
> Christian Grobmeier
> Torsten Curdt
>
> -1s
> Mark Thomas
> Thomas Vandahl
> Damjan Jovanovic
> Gilles Sadowski
> Jorg Schaible
>
> +0.5
> Olivier Lamy
>
> +0
> Ralph Goers
>
> -0
> Emmanuel Bourg
>
> The vote passes, so Apache Commons will be moving to Git for SCM.  We
> should begin working on a plan.  I propose we set up a wiki page for
> that.

I protest.  It is fine for some components to experiment, but if we
are going to force all to move, we really need consensus and that is
clearly not the case here.  I did not vote as I frankly saw the VOTE
as premature.  We should use VOTEs as a last resort, not a first
step or way to avoid getting to consensus on non-release issues.

Phil