commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] Next release WAS [VOTE] Move Apache Commons to Git for SCM...
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 20:08:45 GMT
2013/10/13 Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de>

> Am 11.10.2013 22:55, schrieb Benedikt Ritter:

> too

> problem
> >> is

> ready
> the

> >> back.
> >>
> >> I did not look into the open issues so far. I would rather take a more
> >> minimalistic approach, i.e. pushing out version 1.9 with what is
> >> currently there and then put more energy in BeanUtils2.
> >>

> > I looked through most issues. There were three categories:
> > - issues I was unable to fix
> > - issues I was unable to reproduce
> > - issues I was unable to understand because they were written in some
> > strange asian-english mixture
> >
> > But we can have another iteration and talk about the things.
> > Generics can be removed if you want to do a minimal release.
> It is certainly annoying to have all these generics warnings in the
> code, especially if there are already some classes that have been
> adapted. Do you remember roughly how many classes you did rework when
> you started with generification?

None, I just changes the language level. I wanted to review all open issues
before starting with the generification, because the changes all over the
place will make appling patches very difficult. I think it was Sebb who
started, before I told him my intention.

> I guess I will start an attempt to generify some classes and see how far
> this gets and how easy or complicated it is. Then we can decide whether
> we use generics or not.

IMHO another release of BU1 should have generics. If it is to difficult we
should better invest the time to work on BU2.