commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving to Git...
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 22:18:55 GMT
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:

> I disagree. We don't have releases because of an overly complex release
> process. Figuring out how to do a Pool 2 release is on my TODO list.
> Having seen the pain others new to the Commons release process have gone
> though, I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Well, we can agree to disagree.  And, that's okay.  That's what
community is all about.

I do appreciate your feelings about the release process.  I've done
releases before and it's VERY painful.  On my home setup, I use
jenkins to cut releases on my pet projects.  All I do is fill out what
version number I want to release and it does the rest (after some
initial setup of course).  I wish we had something so simple here at
Commons, maybe not the exact same thing, but something as simple.