commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Moving to Git...
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:01:44 GMT
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great point. Sounds like someone needs to experiment and show that it
> can be done. Since James started the vote,, perhaps he'd care to pick
> one Commons component and try to release through git...

How about this?  I'm now on the Camel PMC.  How about I offer to be a
release manager for a maintenance release of Camel?  This way, I can
learn from a working git-based project about how they do it and bring
that knowledge back to us.  The instructions appear to just use the
standard maven release plugin.  We can "borrow" stuff from their Maven
setup of we want.