commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MATH] Interest in large patches for small cleanup / performance changes?
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2013 14:45:00 GMT
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> A case that occurs often is "zero" (as "double").
> I prefer "0d".

(I'm certainly not going to propose to change it, but my personal
preference is 0.0 because it's obviously decimal even to newbies and
can't be confused with a hex value. But this is trivial.)

>> - Using log1p() for computing log(1+p) with a tiny bit more accuracy
>> in a few places
>

> Certainly.

OK. Maybe I should proceed with a few more JIRAs for consideration?
I'm concerned about generating work and noise for committers, but, if
you guys are OK with a couple more, I can propose a few.