commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Commons Wiki] Update of "CompressRoadmap" by StefanBodewig
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2013 13:17:23 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "CompressRoadmap" page has been changed by StefanBodewig:
https://wiki.apache.org/commons/CompressRoadmap?action=diff&rev1=16&rev2=17

Comment:
ebourg's addition

  * some general cleanup

    we have encoding code in the zip packages that gets used in tar and other archived classes.
 We should make a run for extracting common code into utilities.
+
+   Some names could be better like the constants in ZipMethod.

  * make the factories configurable - i.e. allow third parties to register new formats without
changing Compress