commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [Math] src/userguide/java
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:04:46 GMT
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:10:17 +0100, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> Hey Gilles
>

> 2013/12/31 Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>

>>> You need to install the [math] snapshot locally for maven to be
>>> able
>>> to resolve it.  Run "mvn install" to get a current snapshot
>>> installed locally.
>>>

>> OK. That's easy enough for me at the moment.
>> [I just wanted to check that what I put under "src/userguide/java"
>> does compile and run.]
>> However, I wonder why it is deemed better to have another "pom.xml"
>> rather than have the main one generate the "examples" JAR.
>>

> Have a look here [1]. Bottom line is, that creating multiple
> artifacts from
> one class path violates one of the core concepts of maven:
> modularity.

I'm fine with simplifying the main "pom.xml" (i.e. use another for
creating
the "tools" JAR and yet another to create the "examples" JAR) but this
must
somehow be integrated in the "workflow" (i.e. by adding a few lines to
the
recipe in "doc/release") so that when preparing a release, everything
will
be generated and copied to the appropriate place.

Regards,
Gilles