commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject [ALL] Votes and staging repositories
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2013 15:41:48 GMT
Hi all,

a side note to the ongoing vote for [codec]:

The vote mail points to the staging repository containing all maven
artifacts including the distributions. When the release is done, the
repository has to be cleaned to remove the files which should not go to
Maven central. This is a manual and error-prone process.

So may I suggest the following change in our release process: Before
calling a vote, the staging repository should already be in a state that
it only contains the files to be released to Maven central. The
distributions should be added to the dist repository, and the vote mail
should point to them separately.

Then people checking the release can verify the staging repository, too,
and the likelihood that something goes wrong when cutting the release is
reduced.

Oliver