commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release [pool] 2.1 based on RC2
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2013 03:15:52 GMT
On 12/27/13, 2:09 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> I have to say that the 'fix' for the Clirr issue is underwhelming, it does
> not exist IMO.
>
> - The new API does not have a @since 2.1 in the Javadoc.

Should be fixed, but not a blocker, IMO.
> - There is nothing on the site that addresses the Clirr error and why it is
> OK to have.
> - The release notes do not talk about the Clirr error as well.

People reading the site and/or release notes have limited time, like
the rest of us.  Anyone actually looking at the Clirr report will
get immediately that a method was added to an Mbean interface - no
consequence to them.  Why distract readers of release notes who are
scanning for things relevant to them with what amounts to a
non-issue?  Similar for web site doco. Needless distraction, IMO,
unless someone wants to step up to author a full section on JMX
instrumentation, which would be valuable / substantive and could
include disclaimers on interfaces.  Again, this is not a release
blocker, IMO.  I would rather proceed with the release and welcome
contributions to the web site from any / all who want to help with it.

Phil