commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [compress] ideas for 2.0
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2013 06:51:51 GMT
Hi all,

we've been talking about a backwards incompatible 2.0 release for a long
time and even have some JIRA tickets assigned to that magic version as
they can only be cleanly soved by breaking the old API.

As a small step forward I've started to collect discussion items and
requirements that I recall floating around at
<https://wiki.apache.org/commons/CompressRoadmap>.

Right now this is nothing more than a laundry list but maybe people want
to join in with collecting ideas/adding opinions and we can try to
extract some sort of spec for the next major release.

Stefan