commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [compress] cutting 1.7?
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:19:31 GMT
Hi all,

1.6 has a regression inside the tar package that causes serious problems
for people not using buffered streams when reading archives.

Current trunk contains some new code that seems to have acceptable test
coverage by now.  I know Emmanuel is working on an IMPLODE
implementation for the zip package.  Is there any other work in progress
that we may want to wait for (I started to work on traditional
encryption in zip, but would delay that).

An alternative could be a bugfix 1.6.1 release where we'd only port the
pure bug issues.

Any thoughts?

Stefan