commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT][REPORT] Status report for the Apache Commons Project December 2013
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 16:01:58 GMT
On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All:

Hi Gary,

> Please let me know if you have any feedback or corrections ASAP.
>
> Thank you,
> Gary
> --
> Status report for the Apache Commons Project December 2013
>

> The Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of reusable Java
> components.
>

> Apache Commons components are widely used in many projects, both within
> Apache and without.
>

> There are no issues that require board attention at this time.
>

> Overall project health is good with six releases this period, including the
> long anticipated [pool] 2.0 and [collections] 4.0. The [csv] component is
> still inching towards 1.0 releases and [imaging] is very close to 1.0 as
> well.
>

> Releases:
>
>    - Apache Commons JCI 1.1 on 2013-10-14
>    - Apache Commons Email 1.3.2 on 2013-10-23
>    - Apache Commons Compress 1.6 on 2013-10-26
>    - Apache Commons Configuration 1.10 2013-10-27
>    - Apache Commons Pool 2.0 on 2013-11-11
>    - Apache Commons Collection 4.0 on 2013-11-24

its Commons Collections afaik.

> The mailing list and JIRA activity is good, most support issues get timely
> replies, and development discussions are positive. One of the recurring
> topics is migration from Subversion to Git, the current plan is to try this
> with one component, [cli]. Another discussion is how to reflect component
> liveliness into the site and what to do with mostly inactive components. To
> this end, the main page lists the version and latest release date for each
> component. Another recurring theme is when and how to update the dated look
> and feel of the site; the current thinking here is to use the Fluido skin.
> A perennial concern is how to attract new developers, one proposal is to
> better integrate our processes with git and GitHub.

In some other reports I have seen that some people also collected the
number of subscribed users to the mailinglists. Is this information
available somewhere or does anybody know how to get this information?

> The following new committers have joined us:
>

>    - Ate Douma (ate) on 2013-10-14
>    - Woonsan Ko (woon_san) on 2013-10-14
>
> There are no new PMC members.

if I remember correctly, Henning has been invited back to the PMC.

Thomas