commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] PStmtKey ctors have multiple int paramaters - replace with enums?
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 18:12:05 GMT
On 5 February 2014 17:31, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
> I like the enum idea.
>
> Are these ints supposed to match up to JDBC constants?

Yes, as per the email ;-)
(they are ResultSet constants)

However I have since looked at this in more depth, and it looks like
the changes will affect a lot of the public methods.

Not sure it would be OK to require DBCP enums in the public API.

[The previous int => enum change was far less invasive, as it was
related to internal checks only]