commons-dev mailing list archives

From André Diermann <andre.dierm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils2] Assertions class vs. lang Validate
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 08:57:08 GMT

> The stuff that we have implemented in the Assertions class can be replaced
> by the methods available in Objects from java 7. You're right about
> MethodUtil and TypeUtil.

Just to be clear what you mean by replace:
- wrapping the methods from Objects in the Assertions class to keep the API
or
- get rid of the Assertions class completly and directly use the methods
from Objects class.

If okay, I would like to create a ticket and to provide a patch for this
tonight :)

> Yes, but a test dependency doesn't get pulled in a user declares a
> dependency to BU2. It's just that we don't want that users have lang in
> their class path just because we need two or three methods here and there.

Ok, that makes sense. :)