commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject [csv] Release planning for commons-csv
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 06:15:21 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if there is currently a specific plan or list of
requirements to be fulfilled before the 1.0 of commons-csv is made.

For me personally, as well as (I think) other users of commons-csv, it
would be very useful to have a release as soon as possible -- even if
it is only to streamline the building and releasing of maven-based
projects. Apache Phoenix is one such project that is waiting for
something that can be deemed a release.

If there are open issues that are specifically standing in the way of
a release, I would be happy to assist in attempting to resolve them if
someone can point me in the right direction.

On the other hand, if there are many (technical) issues standing in
the way of a 1.0 release, what about making a 0.1 release with the
current state of the code? This would satisfy the need of having a
released maven artifact for those who need it and are currently making
use of snapshot builds.

In any case, if there's anything I can do to assist in getting a
commons-csv release out the door in the short-term, please let me
know.

- Gabriel