commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [csv] release 1.0?
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 20:15:33 GMT
Hello,

I think it is fine to not support record seperators other than EOL. So
as long as it supports (*) CR/LF/CRLF, NEL (U+0085 - mapped from EBCDIC)
and LS (U+2028) it is ok to not require further configuration.

One thing which is however quite common is multi-line field values
(inside quotes).

Gruss
Bernd

* based on XML 1.1 2.11 "End-of-Line handling"