commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tillmann Gaida <tillmann.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [csv] release 1.0?
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 09:00:52 GMT
It looks like the two issues revolve around the question if record
separators should always be some combination of CR and LF or if they
may be more exotic. I think that if someone made the call that
commons-csv will not support exotic record separators, both issues
could be closed very quickly. I'd support that call since I don't see
any use cases for exotic record separators. After all, CSV is a
specified format and while some tolerance is required to cover what
has become a family of formats, I think that exotic record separators
don't play a role here.