commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [Math] Would like to know, if extensions are needed
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 11:53:37 GMT
Hello.

On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:13:08 +0100, Thorsten Kiefer wrote:
> Hi,
> the port is now finished.
> The code may still contain bugs.
> Maybe alpha-state.
> But if you like it, you can add it.

Thank you for offering code to enhance the scope of Commons Math.
Yet I must emphasize that one of the goals of the project is to
provide an "integrated" set of functionalities (a.o. consistent
style and API throughout the codebase, full documentation and test
coverage).
Another on-going task is to include contributors who will stay and
maintain the codebase.
We do not usually have the resources neither to integrate a new
functionality, nor to maintain it afterwards.

You are very welcome to explain the purpose and state of your
contribution; then we can start a discussion on how to move toward
including the code in Commons Math.

Thanks for your interest in the project,
Gilles

> Best Regards
> Thorsten Kiefer
>

> Am 17.11.2014 um 23:57 schrieb Thorsten Kiefer:
>> Hi,
>> I decided to port it to java, and if you should like it, you can
>> extend
>> [Math] with RL algorithms.
>>
>> https://github.com/toki78/JuRLs/tree/master/JuRLs/src/jurls/core
>> It will take a while, until I ported it all to java.
>>
>> Regards
>> Thorsten

>>> I don't think that CM would be the right place for a
>>> special-purpose
>>> language. [Some time ago, there was a proposal for a language to
>>> create arithmetical expressions.]
>>> If you think otherwise, could you provide some rationale, so that
>>> we
>>> can comment on concrete arguments?

>>> Perhaps. I don't know what are RL, Q, SARSA.

>>> This looks like your project would depend on Commons Math, but need
>>> not
>>> be part of it.

>>> I tried to read "README.md": it just says "My website"...
>>> Care to give a link to a description?  Thanks.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Gilles