commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [JCS] release [jcs] 2.0-beta-1 (take 2)
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 09:07:37 GMT
There are some discrepancies between the source artifact and the SVN tag.

The source artifact contains derby.log under commons-jcs-jcache-openjpa

The source bundles should not contain the doap file

Those problems can be addressed by fixing the appropriate assembly descriptors.
Note that the presence of derby.log shows how easy it is for bundles
to contain spurious files, and why it is necessary to compare the
source bundle with the SVN tag as part of checking the RC.
Luckily in this case the file is harmless, but it could have been
anything lying around in the workspace.

The following directory trees are in SVN but not the source bundle:

auxiliary-builds
commons-jcs-sandbox
src/experimental

This is not a blocker, but they are a nuisance when comparing source and SVN.
Maybe consider creating a branch and then drop them from trunk?

The NOTICE.txt file must not contain references to LICENSE.txt
The LICENSE.xerox file does not appear to require attribution, so the
NOTICE.txt file must not reference Xerox.
The LICENSE.txt file ought to contain the full text of all required
licenses; failing that it needs to reference any external files by
name.

The source jars must have NOTICE and LICENSE files in the META-INF directories

-1 for the N&L issues.