commons-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ansell <ansell.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math][git] newbie question: best way to backport?
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2015 22:34:50 GMT
Hi Phil,

In the past I have used something like "git checkout -b temp-backport
&& git rebase -i" to squash multiple backportable commits into a
single commit, and then it sometimes applies better (less conflicts in
some cases) than using cherry-pick on all of the individual commits.

However, that was not in cases like this where the package names are
changed at major releases. I am not sure if you can manually edit the
squashed diff to fix the package names and still have it apply.

Cheers,

Peter