commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [io] Is commons-io dormant?
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 03:26:49 GMT
Hello, it is not dormant. It's just that no one has volunteered to cut a release candidate.
The component is due for a refresh. I did not realize it had been so long since a release.
Any volunteers?

Gary

-------- Original message --------
From: Kervin Pierre <kervin@sludev.com>
Date: 05/10/2015  18:20  (GMT-06:00)
To: dev@commons.apache.org
Subject: [io] Is commons-io dormant?

Hi,

The last snapshot ( 2.5-SNAPSHOT ) seems to be over a year old, and last
release 2.4 was in 2012 ( I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong ).

I started using its Tailer class in 2.4 and realized there are a few
bugs.  Some are fixed over a year now in SVN.  E.g. commons-io 2.4
version swallows InterruptException.  For a class that blocks most of
its life that's very inconvenient when trying to shutdown the thread.
Also there are fixes relating to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IO-279 which although aren't
entirely fixed, have been made much better but are only in the snapshot.

So is commons-io dormant?  Is there something users can do to help if
it's a time-resource issue?

Best regards,
Kervin
​​​