commons-dev mailing list archives

From dalibor topic <dalibor.to...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [compress] JDK 9 b64 - interpretation of TimeZone in ZipEntry#getTime has changed?
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 11:44:05 GMT
There was this deliberate change in the run up to JDK 8:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-7012868 -  see thread starting
at
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2013-May/017325.html for
review.

So you should observe the same behavior wtih JDK 8, I think.

cheers,
dalibor topic

Balchandra Vaidya <balchandra.vaidya@oracle.com>, Vivek Theeyarath <vivek.theeyarath@oracle.com>
> Cc: dev@commons.apache.org
> Subject: [compress] JDK 9 b64 - interpretation of TimeZone in ZipEntry#getTime has changed?
>
> Hi
>
> I'm not sure whether I should raise a bug or this is an intended change.
>
> Apart from the bunzip2 problem - more on that in a separate mail - one
> other Unit test fails in Commons Compress.  In our test we use a method
> to "fix" the time read from a ZIP entry with the following comment:
>
>      /**
>       * InfoZIP seems to adjust the time stored inside the LFH and CD
>       * to GMT when writing ZIPs while java.util.zip.ZipEntry thinks it
>       * was in local time.
>       *
>       * The archive read in {@link #testSampleFile} has been created
>       * with GMT-8 so we need to adjust for the difference.
>       */
>
> This no longer seems to be true and ZipEntry#getTime now also assumes
> time to be in UTC.  Has this change been made intentionally?
>
> Cheers
>
>          Stefan

<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961
<tel:+491737185961>

Oracle | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg
<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment